This article gives you a detailed explanation on how to separate gmail accounts on iphone and this is the case when you have multiple Gmail accounts.
Previously gmail will combine all emails at same place especially on iPhone but right now thanks to the Gmail app you can easily separate gmail accounts on iphone.
Let me explain how you can separate your gmail accounts on iphone using the Gmail app.
How to separate gmail accounts on iphone
To separate gmail accounts on iphone you have to download and install the Gmail app on your iPhone.
As you have multiple Gmail accounts, open the Gmail app and sign in using your firsr Gmail account. Now it’s time to add your second Gmail account and all you have to do is to tap on your account profile pic and select Add another account.
On tapping on Add another account, you will be presented with a list of email accounts and you should select Google and tap on the continue button.
On the next screen you have to enter your Gmail address and password and it will be added to your Gmail app. Now we have arrived to the question being asked on how to separate gmail accounts on iphone.
Once you have added all your gmail accounts to the Gmail app, kindly open the app. You will see all your Gmail accounts but the fun part is that the mails won’t be together.
Im order to see your inbox for each of your gmail accounts, simply tap on your profile pic and it will display all your Gmail accounts and same time it will indicate if you have new emails depending on their numbers.
Tap on the any of the Gmail accounts and see your new mails. Once you have done that you will that all your gmail accounts is not together but rather they are separated.
Once you have the Gmail app on your iPhone for your Gmail accounts, you shouldn’t be asking how to separate gmail accounts on iphone as all your Gmail accounts will be separated by default.
Can Gmail manage multiple email accounts?
Yes gmail can manage multiple emails accounts especially on the Gmail app or even on the Google Chrome. All you need to do is to add all your Gmail accounts to the Gmail app and you don’t have any more work to do.
What is required from you is to open the Gmail app and navigate to each of your Gmail accounts and view your new emails or send emails.
As long as you have a Gmail account or multiple Gmail accounts, it is recommended to use Gmail app especially when it comes to receiving notifications about new emails received. If you use a mobile browser you won’t receive notifications for any new mail received.
How to switch Gmail accounts on iPhone
To switch Gmail accounts on iPhone, simply download and install the Gmail app and add all your Gmail accounts to the Gmail app. Then you have to open the Gmail app, tap on your profile pic and from there switch Gmail accounts on your iPhone.
Let me give you a detailed explanation on how it can be done.
To switch Gmail accounts on iPhone;
- Download and install the Gmail app.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone and sign in.
- After you must have added your first Gmail account to the Gmail app, still on the Gmail app tap on your profile pic and you will see an option which includes add another account.
- Go ahead and tap on it and add your other Gmail account and continue to do that until you have added all your Gmail accounts.
- After you must have added all your Gmail accounts, tap on your profile pic or icon and right there you will see all your Gmail accounts.
- So all you need to do is select any of them and repeat the same process all over again in order to switch gmail accounts on your iPhone.
How to remove all inboxes in Gmail app
There is n way to remove all inboxes in Gmail app except if you do that using the Gmail desktop version.
To remove all inboxes in Gmail;
- Open your Gmail inbox. On the upper-right corner of your screen, kindly select Settings (gear) icon.
- Tap on See all settings and select the Inbox tab.
- Next to Categories uncheck the tabs you don’t want to see and I recommend to uncheck everything or probably uncheck primary as it is Gmail inbox.
- Scroll down and select Save Changes.
Gmail usually takes a few minutes to refresh your Inbox. After your inbox has been refreshed, the tabs you disabled will be removed and all their contents appear in your Primary tab.
If your gmails are stored in the update folder, make sure to also disable or remove it from your Gmail account and once you open the Gmail app you will find out that both the update folder and primary folder will be hidden in your Gmail app.
Some features of Gmail
- Automatic email filters and categories.
- Smart Compose and Smart Reply.
- Email nudges and high-priority notices.
- Find & manage your trips in Gmail.
- Event details used to create calendar events.
- Writing and intelligent search suggestions.
- Reminders for bill due dates
- Restaurant reservations and pickup orders on Google Maps
- Travel info based on confirmation emails
- Use loyalty cards in Google Pay
- Suggested offline maps for travel
- Cloud search showing search results from Gmail.
How gmail works
Simply put, Gmail is Google’s email client. It’s a completely secure option, and unless you share your email address, you can keep it as private and secure as you like. It doesn’t require any import of contacts or address books when you first set it up, giving you a clean slate to work with.
After you’ve set up Gmail, you can move on to the rest of the Google family of apps, such as Calendar and Drive (for creating documents). However, starting with Gmail is a great way to get a secure and private email account up and running, plus it’s simple and the interface is user-friendly.
Your email is securely stored in the cloud when you use Gmail. Messages can be accessed from any computer or device that has a web browser. You can join or start a video meeting in Google Meet directly from Gmail if your administrator allows it.
Add Google Chat to your Gmail inbox to use all of Chat’s features directly in Gmail. Google Workspace offers a free email service called Gmail.
Gmail is similar to other email services in many ways: you can send and receive emails, block spam, create an address book, and perform other basic email tasks.
However, it also has some other distinguishing features that contribute to its status as one of the most popular online email services.