Last Updated on January 7, 2023 by Kennedy
There are several issues that makes an iPhone user to look for the procedure on how to put iphone in recovery mode, this just to make the iphone return back to it’s normal function.
If you’re having issues with your iphone, be it the latest iPhone 11 pro max, 11 Pro or the older versions which includes Iphone Xs Max , Xr, X or Xs etc, going into recovery mode can be of huge help to you.
This article will help you to know how to put iphone in recovery mode be it any type of iphone you have.
But before going into the topic, first understand what recovery mode is.
You can say that recovery mode refers to the dedicated, bootable partition that has the recovery console installed.
A combination of key presses (or instructions from a command line) will boot your phone to recovery, where you can find tools to help repair (recover) your installation as well as install official OS updates.
Usually, the reason for iphone recovery mode is major caused by updates, like when you want to install the latest ios update to your iphone, and it get stuck.
Another major reason that makes users power into iphone recovery mode is in the case that during booting, the iPhone get stuck on Apple logo or Connect to iTunes icon onscreen for a few minutes with no change.
The very first solution that will come to your mind is to put the iphone into a recovery mode.
How to put iphone in recovery mode
One thing you as an iPhone user must know is that before you can put iphone into a recovery mode, you must make use of a computer and the iTunes. If you don’t have any computer with you, you don’t have any option other than to look for where to get one.
Getting the requirements ready, follow the step below on how to put iphone into a recovery mode.
- Turn off your iphone and get a computer with iTunes installed on it. Ideally, this is the computer you sync with, but any computer with iTunes on it can work. Make sure the iTunes program is not running.
- Power on your computer, and connect iphone to the computer.
- Launch or open the iTunes, and connect it
- Immediately it show connected, connected, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and the Home button, in order to force restart.
- Don’t take off your hand, keep on press hold on till you see iPhone Recovery Mode screen.
- You will see the option to Restore or Update. Choose Update. The iTunes will reinstall the iOS without erasing data from your iPhone.
- After that you can exit the recovery mode.
The above method is how to put iphone in recovery mode.
At times, problem may arise in the recovery mode. For example powered your iphone to recovery mode, and your iphone get stucked there for more than fifteen minutes, without rebooting, you need to follow the below steps to solve the problem.
- You have to onnect your iPhone to your Mac and run iTunes on your Mac or computer.
- The iTunes will detect that the iPhone is in recovery mode, and in turn will offer to restore it from the most recent backup available in iTunes or in iCloud.
- However, tap restore and your iPhone will be back to normal. However, you will lose your present personal data, apps that you have and settings. All of them will be restored to the ones existing in the backup.
That’s it. With the above method, you can put iphone in recovery mode. Don’t forget to use the share buttons to share this post to your friends and family.