Allow message access on iphone is the ability to listen to text messages right from your car through the car stereo.
This is something that most people don’t know how to do especially on iphones. So I have a tutorial for you on how to allow message access on iphone.
It’s so simple and easy notwithstanding the type of car you’re using and be it Toyota car, Honda, Mercedes, etc.
Now let’s get started.
How to allow message access on iphone
To allow message access on iphone, you must first make sure that message app permission is enabled on your iPhone, and Bluetooth is as enabled.
You can do that by going to settings, scroll down to privacy and tap to open. Right there you will see all the permissions available on your iPhone and this includes the message app.
So you can have to make sure that the message app permission is enabled on your iPhone.
Next is to make sure that you have already set up messages on your iPhone. It only requires you going to the settings, scroll down to messages and tap to open.
Enable the imessage, and also enable the send as sms so as to receive and send a text message whenever the imessage is unavailable or sending to a non ios user.
For example android phone and feature phone.
After you must have done all these necessary requirements, you can then proceed to how to allow message access on iphone.
This involves pairing your iPhone with your car Bluetooth, and this is how you can go about it.
- Get started by opening the Settings app on your iPhone.
- You will see Bluetooth, you have to toggle on the Bluetooth and locate the name of your car in the Bluetooth list.
- Look closely and you will an i icon next to the name of your car, you have to tap on the icon.
- Select Forget This Device and confirm it.
This method above is a general method used to pair a car to an iphone though it varies from car manufacturer to another.
- This number is no longer in service text message! What it means
- Can you still receive text messages if your phone is disconnected?
How to allow message access on iphone for Toyota
First you have to allow access permission of the message app on your iPhone, make sure that you have set up your messages and then proceed to pairing your iPhone with your Toyota car.
- To connect or pair your iPhone to Toyota car, you must enable Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Turn on your Toyota Entune™ system and go to Apps.
- Click the Setup option on your touchscreen.
- Choose Bluetooth® and then Add New Device.
- Find your iPhone on your Entune™ screen and click Add.
- Allow your Toyota and your iPhone to find each other and connect. Then select Accept Connection to complete the pairing.
- Your Toyota will show you’re connected to your phone and the Entune™ system.
Kindly note that immediately you have connected or paired your iPhone with your Toyota car, you have automatically allowed access to your messages. This is how to allow message access on iphone for Toyota.
- Can you use imessage on ipad wifi only? Learn more
- Do imessages show up on phone bill? What you should
Allow message access on iphone for Ford
Below is how to allow message access on iphone for all Ford cars;
- You get started by starting your car and make sure you have enabled Bluetooth on your iPhone by simply going to Settings and Bluetooth
- Press the Bluetooth slider to turn on Bluetooth.
- On your vehicle’s touchscreen, SYNC will have listed any devices that are already paired.
- Go back to your phone’s Bluetooth settings, and scan for devices.
- Press SYNC.
- Both your phone and SYNC should now display a six-digit PIN.
- Verify that the two numbers match.
- Press Pair on your phone, and Yes on your SYNC touchscreen to confirm.
How to hear text messages in car
To hear text messages in car, you have to pair or connect your iPhone with your car by first enabling Bluetooth on your iPhone, tap on your car icon and lastly enable Show Notifications and you’re good to go.
After you must have allowed message access on your iphone but still can’t seem to get your text messages read out loud in your car, this is how to go about it in a more detailed explanation.
- Get started by first opening the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Locate Bluetooth and tap to open.
- You have to locate the name of your car in the Bluetooth list shown to you.
- Tap the i icon next to the name of your car.
- Next is to toggle on next to Show Notifications to the On position.
- Turn the car off and kindly turn the car back on.
- Then you have to connect your iPhone, if necessary.
If you follow above process, you will get everything properly fixed and working.
How do i get text messages in my car?
To get text messages in your car right from your iphone, you have to open the settings, followed by opening the Bluetooth. You will see your car, tap on the icon that indicates your car which is usually i icon, and turn on Show Notifications.
Once you have set up messages on your iPhone, enable it’s permission, you don’t have any problem connecting your iPhone with your car be it Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet, Mercedes, Honda, etc. So this is how to allow message access on iphone to a car.